Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Adorably Cute . . . Then and Now

Sunday was my mom’s birthday.  Unlike many, the numbers don’t bother her – she turned 77.  I have always enjoyed having young parents, though I could never have done it myself.  I have fond memories of Mom’s 40th birthday – I was just starting my senior year of college, and announced that it was her 40th.  My roommate turned to me with a look of surprise and said “My sister is older than your mom.”

mom40s

This is the adorably cute picture that I put on my Facebook page on Sunday morning to wish Mom a happy birthday.  Her baby pictures look a lot like mine, and I have always been told that I look a lot like my grandpa.  So I went digging for a couple of other old pictures and came up with an insert for Mom’s birthday card . . .

DSC00030

We are all different ages in the pictures, but I was pleased with the result.  And the ornery smile on my grandpa’s face is one that he carried throughout his life.

Mom77

Later in the day, the family gathered at my brother’s house, and I got an action shot of Mom blowing out her candles.

I am truly blessed that I still have both parents and am able to share this event in our lives.  So many of you were part of the “support team” when Mom went through chemo five years ago – and we will always be grateful.

2 comments:

  1. IT truly is the same face. How very sweet. I just so love your stories-family and otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy birthday to your mom!
    ����������

    ReplyDelete