Friday, August 12, 2016

Just Another Weekend on the Road . . .

You get the best of our weekend when you go to our booth at a show.  But I hope you realize that for us it is a working weekend – we spend a lot of time on Friday getting our booths ready for you, and often our evenings involve much more than dining out and socializing and such.

Take this weekend, for instance . . .

20160811_202600_resized

I drove from Dayton to Detroit on Thursday afternoon – through multiple construction delays and two detours – and arrived at my hotel just as it started pouring rain.  This was the view of the remnants of that little cloudburst shortly after it departed the area . . .

20160812_115221

Friday morning, we started setting up our booths.  Now I won’t kid you – not everything we do seems like work.  This image of Mitra and Chris from Impression Obsession was much funnier in real life – Chris was turning himself into a contortionist working on that piece of gridwall while Mitra supervised . . .

20160812_180706_resized

Once the booth was set up, I went outside and took some more pictures . . .

FBlandmarks

Because this is a new location for us and I wanted to put some info on our Facebook page to make it easier for customers to find us on Saturday and Sunday.

Got back to my hotel about 7:00 and watched the Olympics while I checked our e-mail – where I discovered that Tim Holtz had been busy today . . .

timholtzaugust2016a

Which necessitated some time putting new items on our site and making some banners and such to promote them.  And in case you might like to see them, click on this link . . .

And with that, I had better call it a night – because I’m looking for a whole crowd of you in our booth tomorrow and Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment