Saturday, March 14, 2015

Keeping You Busy on a Basketball Weekend . . .

Let’s face it – your significant other is likely watching college basketball this weekend.  Why do I know this?  Because I am watching college basketball this weekend.  I enjoy the conference tournaments … Selection Sunday … and the first couple of days of the NCAA Tournament are like Christmas, with nonstop action from noon until midnight.  My brother and I will be sitting in Nationwide Arena in Columbus next weekend – don’t bother trying to reach me on Friday or Sunday.

So if you are not also a basketball junkie, here are a couple of tidbits to occupy your time.  In our area, it’s still way too sloppy outside to do yardwork . . .

gyro-cut-320x320_large gyro-cut-replacement-blade-pack-320x320_large

New item alert – this was the hot new toy at the show in Indianapolis last weekend.  Gyro-Cut is the ultimate craft and hobby tool, with a rotating blade that cuts smooth curves and intricate shapes.  I had never heard of it before Nikki Webb at Heirloom Productions sent me a text and told me I should check it out at the show.  Then our local legends Judy Davidson and Judy Kennard saw it at the show and told me the same thing – and so did lots of other customers.

gyro2 gyro1

So I finally wandered to the other end of the show and watched the U.S. distributor Matt Greenburg putting the Gyro-Cut through its paces.  And it is very cool.

It’s originally from Great Britain, so here’s an instructional video with an appropriate accent.  If you’re getting this by e-mail and seeing nothing but a blank black box where the video should be, click on this link and you’ll be able to watch it.

2015-look-book-a

While you’re at it, here’s something else that will occupy your time and give you lots of cardmaking ideas.  Memory Box just released their Spring 2015 Look Book – 50 pages full of projects made with Memory Box’s new dies and folders.  Each of the projects lists the new Memory Box products that were used, and you can put the code numbers into the search box on our site to find and order them.

Have fun . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment