Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Challenge for the Locals: Feed This Box . . .

I was just at the store on a “quick grab” of items to fill orders.  The Wednesday afternoon Make & Take was just starting – and before anyone knew I was there, I heard my name being dropped.  Didn’t hear why, but the first thought that entered my mind was “uh oh” – then Judy Davidson spotted me and I was brought out to face the masses. 

So I said the first thing that came to my mind – “Today must be Festivus – we will now commence with the airing of grievances.”  (A disclaimer – I have never watched Seinfeld – but I have heard this episode mentioned many times and someday I will watch it, because I love the idea)

But thankfully, I wasn’t in trouble.  Instead, the ladies had been discussing a service project that they wanted me to share with the masses.  And they even handed me a script.  Therefore . . .

one-bistro

Do you have any cards you’ve made that you won’t use soon?  Consider donating them!  One Bistro in Miamisburg sells handmade cards with envelopes and uses the proceeds to feed the hungry.  We keep a collection box at Marco’s – on the windowsill near the office.  Thanks!

20150318_133321

And then I went to the windowsill.  This is the box – and it is hungry, too.  So the challenge to the locals (and to those of you in the hinterlands – if  you have extra cards to put to good use, send them to us) is to put your talents to good use and feed this box.  And those who are less fortunate at the same time.

If you want more info about One Bistro and its mission to feed the community, go to www.onebistro.org

No comments:

Post a Comment