Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Getting Back on the Horse . . .

I have not done a thing on this blog for more than two months.  It’s not that I haven’t had anything to share.  Quite the contrary – I have had lots of stories from work and family (and dog).  Something would happen and I just knew that it belonged here, and I kept thinking that I would have the time to sit down and catch up.  And then I realized how long it would take to include everything, and that wasn’t going to work in my whirlwind December, January, and early February.

I am going to try to catch up a little at a time over the next few days/weeks.  I will hit you with a hodge podge of random stream of consciousness posts – some current, some not so much.  Maybe I will get caught up by the time I go to Arizona to visit my parents in a few weeks.

So let’s start with the most recent – highlights from last weekend’s show in New Port Richey, Florida.

20180209_172514_resized 20180209_164624_resized

The Clearwater show is still at the New Port Richey Rec Center (second year).  Remember the fire during teardown three years ago at the Greek Orthodox Church where the show was held for years?  The church still hasn’t settled with the insurance company, so services are still held in the Fellowship Hall where the show was.  They tried to put away all of the chairs and such and accommodate us two years ago, but it was too much hassle to get everything back in place after the show for Sunday services.  Maybe we’ll get to go back in a couple of years.

20180210_090018(0)_resized 20180210_090144_resized

First thing I saw on Saturday morning was our friend Jan Christensen, wearing a combination Valentine’s Day/St. Patrick’s Day headband.  And then I found out that she came with two similarly attired ladies – and caught a pic with all three of them later in the morning.

20180210_163625_resized 20180210_163631_resized

Not to be outdone were the “Craftosaurs” – the “from behind” shot told the story.

20180210_131804_resized

I am loving seeing young crafters-in-training at our demo table – seem to notice at least one or two at every show and try to snap a quick pic when I can.  Almost missed this one as she was standing up . . .

moped

Shot this pic while waiting at a light on US 19 – it serves no purpose other than a reminder of my brother’s early teens, when he rode a moped around town.  Not sure if I have seen one since.

No comments:

Post a Comment