Monday, August 31, 2015

Birthdays Are Always Special . . .

Friday was Mom’s birthday.  Birthdays are always special in our family, but as the family grows it gets harder and harder to get everyone together at the same time to celebrate.  We ran into that this weekend – Ryan and Emily both work retail and had to work, and early afternoon on Sunday was the only time we could get everyone else together.  So Carla and I will take the kids and the grandparents out for ice cream in a few days and that way everyone gets a Grandma fix.

DSCN0241 20150830_142115_resized

And yesterday, we had food and most of the family and homemade ice cream and brownies (and you get the idea) . . .

20150830_213539

And afterward, we got a “Teacher and Pupil and Supervisor” moment as Blake let me take a spin on his riding lawn mower – I am considering this for the first time, after 30+ years of mowing my acre with a walk-behind.  I have reached the point in life where those three hours are better spent on other tasks – and with all of the rain we’re getting, twice a week means I have to spend way too many hours on mowing to get anything else done.

No comments:

Post a Comment