Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Evos Go to Lawrenceville . . .

I took so many pictures last weekend while we were in Atlanta. Then I came home to two days of snow. It was probably about time -- I have been out of town twice since the first of the year, and we had snowstorms at home both times. But the weather gods are getting even with me -- I spent two hours blowing and shoveling snow last night. When I woke up this morning, it didn't look like I had done a thing.

So it's time to start telling stories from the weekend. This is probably the best one. Sunday afternoon, we are minding our own business when I hear one of the vendors say, "Did you see who's here? The EVOS" . . .



Anyone who has been on our show circuit, either as a customer or a vendor, knows that "The Evos" are Dale and Ellen Gordon of Evolving Images. Ellen (Evo) was one of the internet pioneers -- she posted pictures and a poem from each stop on her website, and had a huge list of e-mail followers. Her husband Dale (Mr. Evo) was always with her, and occasionally daughter Cecelia (Cevo) came along for the ride. But Dale started having health problems (first a stroke, then a recent hip replacement) a few years ago, and the Evos retired to their country plantation near Stone Mountain, GA. And Sunday, they paid us a visit . . .



Sure enough, Cevo was along for the ride again and got to catch up with Karen . . .



Evo does the same with David . . .



Evo always was a riot -- when she saw hubby eyeing the funnel cakes on our demo table, she made it quite clear they were off limits . . .



Her expression in that shot was so good, I just had to blow it up . . .



Didn't work, though -- Mr. Evo still got his snack.

More stories from Georgia tomorrow . . .

3 comments:

  1. It was good to see the pics of the Evos! I haven't seen them for so long and I'm glad to see them looking so great! Thanks.

    Brenda
    La Porte, IN

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU so very much for the pictures of the Evos!! Good to see Mr Evo up and around, and all of them having some fun "back where they belong" at a stamping con...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see this couple again. I always stopped by to see them at conventions. Thank you for getting us up to date on them. They are such nice people.

    ReplyDelete