Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Scenes from a Smoky Mountain Weekend . . .

So many of you go to the Smoky Mountain Wonderland of Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Sevierville, Tennessee in the fall to explore the mountains . . . watch the leaves change . . . hit the outlet malls and tourist traps.  And for the past few years . . . go to the rubber stamp/scrapbook show!  So many came from long distances – I talked with customers from Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and I probably missed a few states.

Since one show pretty much looks like another, I have reached the point where I just post images that strike my fancy or are a bit off the wall.  As such . . .

20151017_095813_resized 20151017_095835_resized

The picture of the masses waiting to enter the show on Saturday morning is one thing – but the shot of those who were standing behind me, moaning because they were left out of the shot, is quite something else.

20151017_101937_resized

Poor Suzanne – this is a terrible picture, and I was so busy on Saturday that I only took one shot of the demo table and didn’t look to see how it came out.  Suzanne Reed lived in Fort Worth, Texas all of her life and worked in our booth in Grapevine for more than ten years and two pregnancies.  Alittle over a year ago, her husband Aaron was transferred to East Tennessee and Suzanne was uprooted.  But that “uprooting” put her within an easy drive of this weekend’s show – so while Aaron and the boys were at a baseball tournament, Suzanne spent the weekend in our booth and had a ball working with a whole new batch of customers.

20151018_145230_resized

My favorite image of the weekend was this young lady, who couldn’t stop giggling after she said that the Bird Crazy Dies packaging looked like what you would see “if Angry Birds went to a mental hospital…”  So I had her lean up toward the display so I could get a decent shot of both of them.

20151016_151802_resized 20151016_171711_resized

The Sevierville Golf Club is part of the convention/hotel complex (the 18th green of the Highlands Course is right next to the convention center – and I could see it all weekend as the door was opened to the hallway).  So I simply had to take time out during the afternoon of a busy setup day and play 18 holes.  The view of the Smoky Mountains in the distance was really impressive.  The last thing Steve Lindeman from Toomuchfun Promotions told me before I headed out was “Get a hole-in-one!” (yeah, right).  The picture at right was as close as I got to one – about eight feet (and of course I missed the putt for birdie).

No comments:

Post a Comment