Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Her Hiking Trails Aren’t Blacktopped Anymore . . .

My mom loves to walk.  Not hike – walk.  On asphalt or concrete.  When Blake and I go out to Arizona, the goals are to keep up with Dad on the hiking trails – and with Mom on her walks around the park where they live.  Both are a challenge.

But last spring, in the couple of months between our visit and their return to Ohio, Dad started sending us pictures of Mom at spots that we had seen with him on our hikes – and some of them weren’t easy to reach.  And yet, there was Mom in her Keds . . . and I shared those pictures in a blog post in April.

1022150942e

This was one of those pictures – in front of a pile of rocks that I have scrambled atop several times over the years.

1022150942a 1022150942d

Yesterday, he sent me this – which sent me searching for a similar shot he took of me several years ago.  Needless to say, I am impressed – and again, I wish I had been there to see it.  Looks like Blake and I might have another hiking buddy when we go back in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment