Tuesday, November 8, 2011

How I Spent My Weekend (Part One) . . .

This was such a busy weekend – my Saturday alone wore me out.  I realized about halfway through that I should be taking pictures along the way – sometimes, blog pieces just write themselves that way.  Even then, I still forgot to take pictures at some of the most important times.

But sometimes, others get shots that I might have missed . . .

snccolumbus3

This shot was taken from the stage at the Palace Theater in Columbus, OH on Thursday evening (follow the arrow to see that yes, that was actually me in the fourth row).  I was there to see an “a capella” group called Straight No Chaser – if you have not seen or heard them before, I think you would enjoy them.  As part of their act, they take pictures of the audience each night and post them on their Facebook page.  These are ten guys who started singing at Indiana University about 1996, then went on their separate ways after college until a video shot at one of their college performances was posted on YouTube and went viral . . .

I sang in lots of musical groups when I was in high school, and in a quartet with my dad and another father and son when I was in my 20s.  And I would have loved something like this.

2011-11-03_19-41-46_0 2011-11-03_19-47-11_55

The view from the fourth row.  And no worries about the copyright police – they encourage pictures and video.  Amazing how this worked out – I bought the tickets in May, then found out last Monday that Thursday was to be the first day the roofers would be at my house to start repairing and reshingling.  Would have been just exhausted when the time came to leave for Columbus (70 miles away).  But it rained – so the job didn’t start until Friday afternoon.

The roof is a whole ‘nother story – more on that tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment