Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Except for the Weather, There’s No Place Like Home . . .

I am back at work today.  It’s a strange feeling.  My brother and I agreed yesterday that it was time to go home – but we weren’t ready to leave the Arizona weather behind.  Thankfully, we got a day to get acclimated before the climate reverts to normal – we have temps in the mid-60s and the haze that passes for sunshine here.

But I have a warm feeling that will last for a long time – even the pace here at work won’t be enough to make it go away.  Years from now, I will remember these trips that Blake and I have made to visit our parents and share their retirement lives.  For a few days, it’s just the four of us again – and it has been incredibly special.  And I know how fortunate I am at age 52 to still be able to do it.

I walked outside this morning and discovered that Ohio has changed in the six days I was gone.  The grass is green and the daffodils are in bloom . . .

2011-03-22_07-48-48_257

. . . and our 16-year-old tomcat was happy to see me.  This photo was not staged – Tom just wanted to see what I was doing and wandered into the frame just as I pushed the shutter.

An hour later, I was at the kennel picking up my favorite canine.  Zoe was just as happy to see me . . .

2011-03-22_09-07-09_835

. . . and Ryan can’t wait to see her when he gets home from work today.  Pictures from the trip will come in a couple of days – Blake and I shot lots of them, and I have to edit them down so I don’t bore you to death!

No comments:

Post a Comment