Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Newspaper Came in the Mail Today . . .

I got home from the Grapevine show yesterday evening after a long day of driving. Didn’t even bother to take the truck to the mail center, just parked it at the house and took it in this morning.

There was a surprise when I walked inside the building – a small Priority Mail box sitting on my desk, addressed to me. I moved closer so I could read the return address – it was from Darlene Clark. My first thought was “It’s too small to be a newspaper.”

(If this doesn't make sense to you, go back and read one of my blog posts from last June -- http://marcopaper.blogspot.com/2009/06/random-act-of-kindness-by-guardian.html)

0720101352 0720101352a

But I was wrong – it was a newspaper, printed on the back of a t-shirt. Darlene has become quite good at surprising me with random newspapers – after the original act of kindness in Orlando last year, she left one at the front desk for me in Greenville, SC in September. But this is the topper, and absolutely made my day!

0720101358

I had planned to mow the grass this afternoon, but I think it can wait for a while. Thanks, Darlene!

(and thanks to my son, Ryan, for snapping the pictures before he left for work)

No comments:

Post a Comment