Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Sunny Saturday in Greenville, South Carolina

I am spending the weekend at the "Karen Ihle Lovefest" in Greenville, South Carolina. So many people came up to me yesterday asking how Karen was doing -- I talked with her last night and passed along the good wishes. Karen is doing fine, and continues to be overwhelmed by the mountains of cards she has received (her husband brought home another box of them yesterday).

During setup on Friday, I spent a lot of time just staring at the empty gridwall in our booth. We just picked up Core'dinations Color Core Cardstock, and I had to find space for FORTY different packages. Gotta just love a new challenge . . .



And this is what I came up with. Went out to Kinko's after setup -- printed and laminated color chips for each assortment pack to try to help out. From the looks of that area after yesterday, you may want to check it out at http://www.marcopaper.com/coredinations.htm

I didn't have time to take pictures during the day -- was only running one cash register and it was busy all day. I love busy convention days -- they remind me of Saturdays at the grocery store when I was in high school and college. Steady line of people, someone else at the side asking a question, announcements on the overhead speakers -- those days just fly by.



Had three demos going on at the middle table -- left to right, Lou Ann Ewing, Melinda Doster, and Peggy Gould. They all live near Charlotte and have been friends for years. I considered calling them "See No Evil, Hear No Evil, and Speak No Evil", but all three agreed that none of them fit the last description . . .



Lou Ann was nearest to me -- I knew she was doing something I had never seen before (that the customers loved) but I could never get close enough to check it out. So I took a couple of pictures at the end of the day . . .



The "flowers" she was making were something. I know they involved strips of scrapbook paper and a Scor-It board, but that's about as far as I got. May have to take some step-by-step pictures before the show opens today . . .



Oh yeah, and it was a little warm in the convention hall -- that has been a common complaint this year in many places. Since Karen's husband David wasn't here, his fan spent the day jockeying for space at the demo table.



We did the drawing behind the booth -- everybody paid attention and waved on command, except the lady in the foreground of the right picture. When I told her she wasn't paying attention, she played right along . . .



So did the lady in the background with the bracelet and necklace. She came up and asked about Karen -- told me to tell her "The Greenville Screamer" said hi (apparently, she won a prize last year and everyone in this county heard her scream of delight). And yes, Karen knew who she was!



And how does a shot of Zoe fit into this post? Well, my dog wasn't quite as popular as Karen, but I had more than a dozen people ask about her as well -- and several wanted to know why I don't bring her along to shows. Two reasons -- one, most convention halls don't allow animals, and two, Zoe would get way too excited because she would assume that everyone was her new best friend and had come just to see her. So I gave them the best thing I could offer -- this is the shot of Zoe that I have on my phone . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment