Tuesday, October 7, 2014

What Caught My Eye on a Fort Wayne Weekend . . .

I’ll begin with an apology.  A customer made the following comment to me during the Fort Wayne show last weekend – “You haven’t posted much on the blog recently, have you?”  And she was right – I haven’t.  I’m sure that some would assume that the reason had something to do with my aunt’s death, but in all honesty, I have been struggling with some health issues.  I won’t bore you (or gross you out) with the details – suffice to say that modern medicine was stumped and it took a couple of visits to alternative medicine practitioners (who treated my son seven years ago under similar circumstances) before I started feeling better.  It was a rough three or four weeks, where getting through work took most of my energy – I even got a sub for golf league one Wednesday, and I never do that.

But I’m feeling better now, and it came just in time for my fall golf trip back to Tim’s Ford State Park in Tennessee, where I played some of my best golf in years.  Then I was home for a day before heading to Fort Wayne – make that rainy and frigid Fort Wayne.  After several days at 85+ in Tennessee and at home, it was simply cold and wet – thankfully, we were able to drive the truck inside the building so we were under cover all weekend.

And here are a few of the interesting sights that caught my eye . . .

20141004_084635 20141004_084641

Saturday morning before the show opened, I glanced away from our booth and saw groups of tables near the concession stand – and two or three of them had little centerpieces.  I found it interesting that anyone would bother decorating a scratched tabletop . . .

20141004_091019

Until I looked back a few minutes later and saw that tablecloths had been applied.  It made quite a difference.

20141004_091725 20141005_114136

Annie’s (used to be known as “Annie’s Attic” – they publish lots of instructional books and videos and such) had a booth at the show.  I knew Robin Arnold used to work for them, but forgot that she had done a stamping video for them a while back.  So there was some irony in the fact that Robin was on opposite ends of the building at the same time.

20141004_140054

Zoe and Nala think Suetta is very special, even though they have never met her – she dropped off treats for both on Saturday.  Every time my furry friends get a treat, they are reminded that someone out there loves them as much as we do – and of course I am certain that they understand every word.

20141004_170951

To the anonymous customer in our booth late Saturday morning who fell in love with a complete set of Tim Holtz’ new Distress Spray Stains and decided she just couldn’t live without them – but didn’t see the need to pay for them – I hope your conscience tugs at you at least a little bit each time you use them.

20141005_152643

And I couldn’t resist showing proof that Sunday afternoon was just a bit quiet in the hall at times . . .

5 comments:

  1. I am appalled at the gall of some people! It took guts for you to post this about your thief. I hope the thief's hands become permanently stained with the Distress spray stains taken without paying for them. I thought scrapbookers and stampers were some of the most honest people. What do I know? So sorry this happened to you, Greg...that is unfair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better...such a drain on the soul being ill. I just cannot imagine that anyone can live with themselves for stealing anything. I certainly can't get everything I want either, but sure do appreciate it when I can pick up something new to play with. I too am disappointed that a scrapper/stamper would do something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greg, Re: the stolen distress stains sprays, karma will get the guilty party heh heh heh....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Nancy may their hands be permanently stained. It is a shame when thievery is found among our community :(

    ReplyDelete