Saturday, November 3, 2012

More Video Practice During Scary Season . . .

While I was doing “video practice” on Wednesday, Ginger Deaton told me about a Halloween card she had made.  Sounded interesting, so I told her to e-mail some pictures – even though it was going to be “after the fact” since Halloween had already passed.  And it was interesting . . .

2012-11-03_10-38-06_978 IMG_2589 2012-11-03_10-38-27_677

But what really struck me was the new Tim Holtz lantern that was the focal point in the middle of the card.  And pictures didn’t do it justice – so I tried the video thing again.

I’ll warn you ahead of time – I have been shooting this stuff with my cell phone, and this is my first attempt at moving around.  It’s really shaky – I think I would do much better with my old camcorder (it’s bigger and the movements are smoother) so I’ll probably try it next time.  I had really planned for Ginger to do the narration – that was vetoed very quickly.  So I did the best I could, but you’ll learn very quickly that I needed a script.  However, the Halloween theme made its way into the video – for some reason the card seems to ripple back and forth as I moved around.

And there is a surprise near the end that some of you may find interesting . . .

1 comment:

  1. Cute! You're getting pretty good with that video thing.

    ReplyDelete