Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Very Marco’s Halloween . . .

Gary came into the mail center late on Wednesday afternoon, and told me that Mary and Karen decided that we simply had to do something special in the store for Halloween.  They wanted to dress up, and I was supposed to spread the word.  So Thursday morning, I put a note on our Facebook page and send out an e-mail to the local list.  This morning, Zoe and I wandered up that way to see if anyone chose to participate . . .

DSC01711 DSC01708 DSC01710

. . . and this is what we found!  Mary was the first one I saw, and my first thought was “A little fire, Scarecrow?”  Apparently, Karen’s outfit was supposed to be Hawaiian, but I’ll bet I’m not the only one who was reminded of Cousin Itt . . .

DSC01707 DSC01709

The customers were also encouraged to dress up – amazing what people will do to try to win a gift certificate.  This was one of the first getups I saw – what better props to wear into a craft store?  I told her if she really wanted to set the outfit off, she should go get some funky teeth . . .

DSC01712

This lady did such a good job that one of her best friends didn’t recognize her . . .

DSC01713

We also had an in-store coupon sale – but customers had to make their own coupons.  These were some of the efforts that had been collected when Zoe and I were there.  No doubt by Monday there will be more pictures to share . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment