Thursday, March 18, 2010

Report from the Bunker . . .

Those of you who have enjoyed being blissfully blog-free the past week or so will be saddened to learn that it won’t last much longer.  I have been in the bunker since last Tuesday, working on the website rebuild and frantically adding products to the long-promised shopping cart.  Along with it comes the even longer-promised search box.  Once we’re done, you’ll finally be able to shop our site at 3:00 a.m. in the comfort of your own jammies without having to remind yourself to call us in the morning to place your order.

 0318001033 0318001033a

The picture at left is the view behind the curtain at the guts of the shopping cart, where I have to add each product, along with color, size, package, and price variations.  For a paper like Stardream that comes in 26 colors and two sizes and three package sizes and two weights (you get the idea), there are eighteen pages of variations – all of which make it possible for you to search “Stardream” and have the package you want in your shopping cart three or four clicks later.  I have no idea what the front page is going to look like, but it will be different from what you’ve seen for years.  Some of you will love it, some of you will hate it (hopefully not as many), but hopefully all of you will find it more functional than before.  Stay tuned – it should be a reality in the next two or three weeks.

Even with the time change, I have been leaving the house before daylight and getting home near dusk.  So it was a surprise when I got home at 6:00 last night and realized that Mother Nature has been busy . . .

0317001809 0317001812

Even the grass is beginning to green up a little.  One more thing that I have to share, because I thought it was pretty funny . . .

0316001225

Couldn't resist taking a picture of this -- Five Guys has recently come to our area. I'll admit that their burgers are really good – I sometimes eat there when I'm traveling. But apparently someone who works for them knows that the best burgers here in Centerville are at O'Leary's (right next door to my office) . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment