Wednesday, April 26, 2017

All Prayer Warriors on Deck . . .

There is a special place in my heart for all of you who have loved my family over the years.  You lifted my mom’s spirits when she was battling cancer, shared the joy of my son’s wedding – and yes, even enjoyed the humor of my dog’s run for president.  Many of you have become so much more than customers – you have become friends.

pattyhays

Patty Hays is one of you.  She and I first became acquainted years ago when she e-mailed to see if I would bring a care package to a show in Indianapolis.  Then I noticed that she lives in Nashville, Indiana – the home of Brown County State Park, a lovely area where we camped when I was a kid.  That began conversations that have continued to this day.  Patty almost always sends me a cheerful note when I post something about my family on the blog.

I received an e-mail from her last Saturday – as usual, it started with a comment about a blog post with my old medical records from 1959.  But then the tone changed – last week, Patty was diagnosed with terminal inoperable cancer which has spread through most of the organs from the base of her skull to her pelvis.  She started chemo last week, but the doctors tell her that even with that, she probably has less than a year.

And if that’s not enough, her husband Jim has been in and out of the hospital since shortly after Thanksgiving, and spent some time on life support and dialysis.  He is home now, but not completely out of the woods – and yet he wants to take care of his wife.

Patty and Jim have a strong support system from their church and friends, and they believe in the power of prayer and a healing touch that goes far beyond modern medicine.  So do I.  If you feel the same, please include them in your prayers, and by all means send a note of encouragement to them at fuffum@sbcglobal.net

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment