Friday, November 13, 2015

I Am Completely Out of Style - and I Don’t Care . . .

During the day, I usually listen to sports talk radio – I became an old fogey on the music scene a long time ago, and most days “regular” talk radio is too controversial for my tastes.  Sports talk is like the toy store of life.  But the sports squawkers just hit my hot button . . .

21

They were making fun of jean shorts – or “jorts” as they are often called.  I have heard this for years, but no one has ever given one good reason why they are so uncool.  I wear jeans all winter long, and I have never heard a negative comment about them.  But the shorter version of the same thing during the summer is a social faux pas?

And then it got worse on the same radio segment – I am now told that cargo shorts are out of style.  I just bought my first couple of pairs of those (small side pockets, though – not the baggy ones) a few weeks ago – mostly to wear on golf courses that don’t allow denim.

I really don’t know – or care – who on the East and West Coasts makes these decisions (sorry, Middle America – we don’t get a vote) – but I suspect this has more to do with trying to shame us into throwing our entire wardrobes in the trash and buying whatever “they” say is in-style.

Sorry – I stopped playing that game a long time ago.  Probably not long after I escaped the ‘70s and leisure suits and really short shorts and socks that went up to my knees. 

The only people who get a vote on my wardrobe now are the person who looks back at me in the mirror, and the wife who has to put up with it.  If it’s comfortable, and I like it – I wear it.

And I really like jean shorts.

Now that my rant is out of my system, I will move on with my life. 

Thank you for indulging me – have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I know many who wear both and don't see the problem. Maybe the rule is just for fashionistas in their 20s???

    ReplyDelete