Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Trader Joe’s Bag Ladies . . .

My best memory from Saturday at the Grapevine show deserves a post all to itself.  It started within a few minutes after the show started, with a customer checking out at my register who announced that she didn’t need a bag for her purchase.  She was carrying a Trader Joe’s bag to carry her goodies.  And so was the next customer . . . and the next customer . . . and the next customer.

20150718_103810_resized

Now they didn’t all come one after the other . . . but there were eighteen of them.  I found out during the process that they were from all over the country, and they scheduled a retreat at a nearby hotel around a trip to the show.  Such a nice bunch of ladies, and in the process came a nice surprise for me . . .

20150718_111038_resized

One of those 18 is the lady leaning over to look at the sample book on the demo table.  Cher Blasengame is from Spokane, Washington and she has been on our e-mail list for nearly 20 years.  We have carried on an occasional conversation answering product inquiries and such over the years, and what always caught my eye was her e-mail address – which was usually a version of “Nurse Cher” or “Cher the Nurse”.  I think we met in person once before at a show somewhere, but she stepped up to the cash register yesterday she started the conversation with “You probably don’t remember me, but you might if I said ‘Nurse Cher’ . . .”  And I lit up . . .

20150718_161304_resized

It took all day to finally get a majority together so I could get a shot of them with their bags.

20150718_191952_resized

The one thing that all of them mentioned during the course of the day was the conference room that they had taken over at their hotel – so after the show I ran some errands and then stopped by to take a look and thank them for stopping by our booth.  Can’t wait to see all of them again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment