Friday, July 3, 2015

A New Distress Color . . . a Unique Planter . . . a Party Animal . . . a Riddle . . . and a Blast from My Past

You can probably tell from the heading that you’re getting everything but the kitchen sink today (but you will be getting something from the bathroom).  Let’s get started . . .

This actually came out on Wednesday morning – but we didn’t know it until late Wednesday afternoon.  I loved the tone in the release that made it sound like the color was being announced a couple of days early as a holiday treat – especially after I found out that Ranger was going to be closed Thursday and Friday (so it was more likely their holiday treat).  I barely had time to make the adjustments on our website before leaving for the day (Wednesday is Golf League Day – priorities, you know). 

Then I spent all day yesterday picking up some display pieces for the booth that should make setup and teardown sooooooo much easier (more on those next week sometime).

So here we are on Friday – even though I’m technically two days late, in the actual release schedule I’m right on time . . .

blueprintsketch1

The July Distress Color of the Month is Blueprint Sketch – I’m still waiting for purple, but I really like this shade of blue.  As usual, if you want all six pieces (ink pad, reinker, marker, paint, stain, and spray stain), they’re 20% off the MSRP with free shipping in the Continental U.S.

20150628_191057_resized

I’ll bet you don’t have a geranium planter like this one – but my friend Christine Yoder does.  I stopped for a visit on my way home from the Lakeland show last weekend and couldn’t resist.  The fencing is to keep her dogs from disturbing the foliage . . .

20150630_104555_resized 20150630_120209

Meet “Spuds MacKenzie” (not his real name, I suspect), the Original Golf Party Animal... started tagging along with our group on the 11th hole in Tennessee on Tuesday and stayed with us all the way in. Led the way from tee to green... with occasional detours to chase a squirrel. The locals said he does it all the time.

No picture for this one – but I read it in USA Today on Wednesday at lunch -- tried it when I got back and the answer is funny. So if you have an iPhone or an iPad, pull up Siri and ask "What is zero divided by zero?"  And do it before you read the next paragraph, which is the response (for those of you who don’t have toys from Apple) . . .

“Imagine that you have zero cookies and you split them evenly among zero friends. How many cookies does each person get? See? It doesn’t make sense. And Cookie Monster is sad that there are no cookies, and you are sad that you have no friends.”

7-3-88

And the blast from my past . . . July 3, 1988... Carla woke me up at 12:30 am on Sunday morning and told me it was "time"... and in typical male fashion I asked her if we could get a few more hours of sleep and go to the hospital in the morning. Yeah, right... off we went. Ryan arrived at 11:08... and a few minutes after this picture was taken, I called each set of parents at their respective churches to inform them that they had become grandparents.

Have a great Independence Day Weekend – and thanks to all of the vets who make it possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment