Tuesday, December 18, 2012

This Jingling Man Is True to His Word . . .

I got a call at the mail center last week from Barry Payne – he is working at our store a couple of days a week (he might as well – he knows the place better than most of us) – and he said he had something he needed to show me if I could stop by on a day when he was working.  So we decided on Monday . . . and I really wasn’t paying attention when he said “I’ll be there with bells on.”

2012-12-17_09-58-08_967 2012-12-17_10-17-52_994

And this is what I saw when I came in – Barry helping a customer, dressed in his Santa hat and a Christmas apron complete with jingle bells.  If you have read this blog from the beginning, you may have seen that Santa hat before . . .

barryclaus1

. . . since Barry wore it along with his “complete” suit three years ago.  Barry has a soft spot for my four-legged friend – usually has treats for Zoe when she stops by.  And that’s why he wanted me to come to the store.

2012-12-18_07-25-23_727 2012-12-18_07-25-35_518

He had a present for Zoe – a handmade box filled with four dog biscuits.  I took it home and let her try to open her present on the kitchen floor this morning – and instead of taking pictures, I shot video with my cell phone assuming that I would get some cute footage to show off.  But the lighting was lousy so it really wasn’t worth your time.  However, I showed it to Barry at lunchtime today and he got a kick out of video evidence that his gift was well-received.

No comments:

Post a Comment