Monday, December 26, 2011

The 12 (?) Foods of Christmas?

For a person who is as “non-foodie” as I am, a lot of our Christmas season revolves around food.  Most of the time, though, it revolves around food that I make, but do not eat . . .

DSC02266 DSC02267

Like this sausage and egg casserole, that I put together on Saturday evening before I left for video duty at the 11:00 p.m. Christmas Eve service, and baked yesterday morning.  These are the “before” and “after” shots – taken about an hour apart . . .

DSC02270

Then I made a cheesecake to take to Mom & Dad’s later in the afternoon, where it joined what was left of the pumpkin cream cheese muffins and cheeseball I took there on Friday evening.

2011-12-24_13-37-12_554 2011-12-24_13-38-22_602

Don’t worry – Zoe isn’t starving.  For two days, she has been working on a chew bone that my niece Natalie sent from Maryland.

DSC02268 DSC02269

After breakfast, Ryan took advantage of a rare sunny Christmas Day and went outside to test his new remote control helicopter.  Alas, it was too windy.  So we continued our recent Christmas afternoon tradition – we went to see a movie.  This time it was Mission Impossible, which was pretty good.  The surround sound will be even better in Ryan’s “home theater” when it comes out on BluRay.

2011-12-25_18-57-49_585 2011-12-25_19-09-05_930 

Last night, we sat around the table and decorated Christmas cookies – we usually do this earlier in December, but with Mom’s chemo we decided to wait until she was feeling a little better.  Ryan’s favorite was my rendition of Achmed the Dead Terrorist.

2011-12-23_21-31-20_739  DSC02271

Favorite gifts of the year – Zoe’s was this pull toy from my brother’s family (you tug, it squeaks).  And my favorite has to be the Slingbox that Ryan got for me – I have always wanted one.  Now I can watch my home TV when I’m on the road.  No doubt the folks at the Grapevine show in two weeks will see it in action.

One final thing that is not Christmas-related – one of these days I will learn how to get my cell phone switched to video mode when I see something worthwhile.  Several of you have asked to see Zoe in action, and one of these days I’ll do better.  But for now, here’s a clip of her begging for treats from the UPS lady . . .

2 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time. Glad your Mom is doing so well. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful Christmas was had by all.

    ReplyDelete