Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Show Is ALWAYS On . . .

A point was made to me at my very first StampFest Orlando 13 years ago.  Those of you who have been around the circuit for a while will remember the old Stamp Cabana booth.  Gene and Mary who ran it were across the aisle from me at that 1997 StampFest, and we found out that all three of us had attended Miami University way back when.  Just before the show started, Gene walked over to me and offered some sage advice – make sure every customer feels welcome, make sure every customer knows you’re glad she stopped in your booth, and always make sure you’re smiling because you never know who has a camera.  No kidding . . .

photo1

I have Anna Ely to thank for this – she shot a classic photo during last Saturday’s giveaway.  This is the innocent, edited version.  But if you look at the entire photo, y0u’ll get my point . . .

photo

I love Margaret Myers from Sparkle ‘N’ Sprinkle.  And I know her well enough to know that she wasn’t nearly as irritated with the giveaway crowd spilling into her booth as it appears here.  But doesn’t her face just scream “Get these people out of my booth!”  I showed her this picture on Sunday and she cracked up – and she has already been warned that I planned to share it.  It was the highlight of my weekend . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment