Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Stay Off of My Blue Suede Shoes . . .

We had an Elvis sighting in our store this afternoon. I had never really taken it seriously years ago when I heard that the King had been spotted in a Burger King in Kalamazoo, but who knows?

Barry Payne and his wife Maureen are often seen at Marco's. They take classes, and both have led our Free Make It & Take It on Wednesdays and Saturdays. From what I hear, a while back Maureen told Donna Sheetz that Barry had an Elvis costume at home, and ever since Donna has been all over him to wear it to the store.



Today was the day. Karen called me about 2:00 and told me to get to the store with my camera. Elvis was in the classroom calmly minding his own business, until I arrived . . .



Within seconds, Donna appeared from the class she was taking in the back and started fawning all over the King . . .



And of course I had to get a shot of Elvis and Priscilla (Maureen) . . .



Pretty soon it was Karen's turn. Brought back memories of an August night at Stampaway in 2002, when three versions of the King appeared at the Preview Party!

Memo to those in or near Dayton -- Saturday, October 31 is the last day of the annual Fall Sale at Marco's. We'll be having a Sidewalk Sale from 10:00 until 4:00 -- with thousands of items on the sidewalk and in the vacant storefront next door priced at $1.00 each! Inside the store, you'll find hundreds of items marked down from 25% to 75% off! Don't you dare miss it -- costumes are optional . . .

Need directions? Go to http://www.marcopaper.com/aboutmarcos.htm for a map and directions, or put 25 West Whipp Road, Centerville, OH 45459 into your GPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment