Tuesday, July 3, 2018

For Love of Our Sons . . .

I posted the following on my Facebook page this morning . . .

“Fatherhood is a series of memories and milestones. I was there when you were born... held you when you couldn't sleep at night... ran beside you when you rode your bike without training wheels for the first time... walked into the building with you the first day of school every year... drove you to your job interviews... stood next to you when you got married. Today you are 30 years old... it has been quite a ride. Being your dad is the best job I have ever had... Happy Birthday, Ryan.”

RE_552 

This is one of my favorite pictures with him – taken just before his wedding four years ago.  He was never my “little boy” – we have lots of pictures like this starting when he was in his early teens – that said, he will always be my little boy.

Now I would like to tell you about a friend of mine who is watching her little boy fight for his life . . .

20150718_161304_resized1

Some of you know Jeri Aaron – others have read about her on this blog.  She hosts a retreat in Grapevine, Texas called the Artful Gathering each year and I have had the pleasure of sharing time her and her friends.  I found out over the weekend that Jeri’s son Matt was critically injured in a construction explosion in Gatesville, Texas last Monday.  Jeri has been at the hospital in San Antonio since the first day as he fights for his life.

30933118_1530194294597555_r

I would like to ask for your prayers for Matt Aaron, his family and his mom.  If you would like to send her a message, her e-mail address is jerilynski@aol.com

Jeri’s friend Cher Blasengame has alsoset up a GoFundMe page if you would like to provide financial support -- https://www.gofundme.com/explosion-victim-needs-your-help

No comments:

Post a Comment