Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Translation Necessary . . .

I always make a stop at this ice cream place when I do the New England show . . . it has the best peppermint ice cream (if you ever have reason to get off a plane at the Hartford Airport, it's right up the street).

dairycream

So Saturday night I waited in the line, and when I got to the counter I asked for two dips of peppermint in a cup . . . the girl gave me a blank look and did nothing, then looked at her boss and repeated my order with a question mark at the end.  The manager laughed and said "He's not from around here... he wants two scoops" . . . then looked at me and said "I'm from Chicago... we call them dips, too."

1 comment:

  1. Great photo and great story. In New York we say scoop of ice cream but I've heard the phrase double dip of ice cream, too. So you might not have gotten that blank stare here.

    ReplyDelete