Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Just Another Saturday at Marco’s . . .

I will be on the road again this weekend. Actually, I will be on the road the next three weekends – and each of the three shows will be in new venues. This weekend (September 25-26), the show is in Anderson, South Carolina (just down the road from the old location in Greenville) at the Civic Center. Next weekend (October 2-3), we’ll be in Fort Wayne, Indiana at the Allen County Fairgrounds – and that’s close enough that I can come home and work the football game after setup on Friday. And the final stop (October 9-10) is in York, Pennsylvania – still at the fairgrounds, but this time in Memorial Hall East. All shows are 10:00-5:00 Saturday and 11:00-4:00 Sunday. And our gala giveaways are always an hour before the show ends each day. So come out and see us!

For me, being on the road isn’t unusual – but it does feel a little strange when I have been home for the past seven weeks . . .

Experiences like I had this past Saturday are quite common in the fall when I’m in town. After a busy Friday evening announcing the local high school football game, I go to the mail center in the morning to catch up on whatever project needs catching up on. And since I’m the only one here, I bring a certain four-legged canine along for the ride. At lunchtime, we usually head for the store so I can take some pictures – and Zoe can hold court!

Zoe is far more popular – and she knows it – than I could ever hope to be (of course, she’s also cuter). I was busy taking pictures of class projects and this week’s make & takes, so it took a little while before I noticed the crowd she was drawing. I finally sat down and started snapping pictures, and these are just a few of the 15-20 people who made her day over the 20 minutes we were there . . .

DSC00155 DSC01364

Little kids are always Zoe’s favorites, and both of these came in with their grandmothers. Sydney (in pink) was with Becky Evanoff, and Jenna came in with Donna Sheetz.

DSC00154 DSC01377

But my dog will beg for a scratch from anyone of any generation – and from any distance. Zoe thinks everyone she meets is her new best friend.

DSC01379

And Barry Claus has forgotten to bring the promised treats for weeks – but not this time. And yes, Zoe’s affections can be bought – she thinks Barry is wonderful . . .

1 comment: