Thursday, October 24, 2019

A Pleasant Stop Along the Road . . .

This started two weeks ago while we were setting up for a show in York, Pennsylvania – Pat Huntoon from Technique Junkies was across the aisle from me.  I heard her mention that she was doing a show in Sevierville, Tennessee the following weekend and a show in Southfield, Michigan the weekend after that – and she was going to stay on the road in-between and couldn’t figure out what to do to pass the time.

I said, “Our store is on your way and ten minutes off the interstate – why don’t you stop there, set up a trunk show on our front sidewalk, and do a make and take in our classroom?”


And that’s what happened today.  I got to the store just as Pat and Dawn were unloading her carts onto the sidewalk – I jumped out to help them finish, and didn’t think to shoot some pictures until Pat had already put her van behind the building.




Then I came back after lunch.  Was told that I missed the full house that was there earlier – both in the classroom and on the sidewalk.


Gary says we need to do this more often – perhaps some of you could remind your vendor friends that I-70 and I-75 intersect just a few minutes north of our little corner of the world . . .

1 comment: