Saturday, May 26, 2018

You Need to Have a Birthday This Good . . .

Yesterday was Zoe’s Eleventh Birthday.  Birthdays are always special in my family, and the ladies in my family are really good at looking young.  I can’t count the number of times I heard “She doesn’t look eleven” yesterday – and my response was usually “She doesn’t act eleven, either.”

20180525_065155

The day started as it usually does – I took a picture of Zoe on our back patio and posted it on my Facebook page, along with the caption “Happy Birthday, Zoe... eleven years old but forever my puppy.”  Then I posted the same picture on her Facebook page (yes, for those of you who weren’t around a couple of years ago when Zoe made her presidential run, you can follow her exploits here) with a caption befitting the theme of the page – “Seems only fitting that Zoe's 11th birthday would add a fourth day to a holiday weekend... she is selfless that way, always thinking of what is best for the nation.”

I told my daughter-in-law Emily that Zoe would get birthday greetings through Facebook from all over the country -- and sure enough, over the next few hours they came in from Florida, Hawaii, Oregon, Tennessee, Connecticut, Kansas, Texas, Kentucky, Ohio, South Carolina, and I'm sure I have missed a few.  Our customers are wonderful people.

Since it was Friday, Zoe came with me to work as she always does when I am in town – and the fun really began . . .

20180525_104156 20180525_110154 20180525_130559

In a matter of a couple of hours, Zoe got birthday treats from UPS, the USPS, and FedEx!  Yvonne has been our UPS driver for most of Zoe’s lifetime and always brings treats – Zoe is so used to this that she starts losing her mind as soon as she sees a brown panel truck.  The mail carrier has only been on our route for a couple of months, but always brings treats – and this was the first visit for the FedEx driver.  First time I can remember Zoe hitting the “treat trifecta” in a single day . . .

20180525_115914

At lunchtime, we made a run to our store, where Donna always makes a fuss over Zoe.  And in the evening, we topped everything off with a trip to McDonald’s for Zoe’s favorite – a vanilla ice cream cone . . .

I’m not sure if I can post YouTube videos here anymore, but I think if you click on the picture below you will get to see it.  And if not, you can click on this link -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs_UC6FccaQ&feature=youtu.be

Today, Zoe is simply enjoying a typical Saturday here at the mail center with me – and she still got a treat from the mail lady . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment