Friday, March 16, 2018

They Grow Up (and Lose Teeth) So Fast . . .

We have been traveling and doing shows for a long time – and it seems even longer when the time is measured in “kid years” . . . the following pictures and narrative appeared on this blog in July 2011 after our annual summer visit to Grapevine, Texas . . .

lucia

I have seen Lucia and her family a lot since then – they live two or three miles from our mail center.  So when I go to Grapevine, Lucia and her brothers can’t wait for me to get back – because I almost always come back with boxes of goodies from their grandparents (Jane McLaughlin has helped us in Grapevine for more than 20 years).  But Grandma and Grandpa (Jane and Weldon) are visiting this week to help out while Natalie is on a mission trip – and that prompted a visit to the mail center this morning . . .

lucia1

Where Zoe got to make a new friend – she has seen Lucia before, but not since she was little.  And Lucia is now seven – and missing her two front teeth.  I asked her how much front teeth are going for these days – and she told me she didn’t know, because she hasn’t put them under her pillow yet!  She also made sure that I understood that the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny weren’t real, and that her parents handle those duties.

I was crushed . . . I still believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment