Monday, May 16, 2016

Time Passes . . . the Bond Remains Strong

A call came on a Monday in March 1994.  It was my dad, telling me that my brother and his wife were at the hospital delivering their second child.  He was heading to the hospital and wanted to know if I wanted to tag along – as if there was any doubt.

A little over an hour later, I met my nephew Tyler for the first time.  And a few minutes later, I was asked to be his godfather.

TylerGreg

One of the advantages of living nearby has been the opportunity to share many of the special moments in Tyler’s life.  This is one of my favorite pictures with him – Father’s Day 1995.

DSCN0613 (2)

This is another – taken two days ago, shortly after Tyler graduated from Miami University.  Today, he started his new job with an engineering firm near Cincinnati.

TylerJordan TylerJordanEngagement

It has been a busy couple of months – last month, Tyler dropped to one knee at Hueston Woods State Park near Oxford as he and Jordan were engaged to be married.

TylerFamily TylerGrandparents

When Jordan graduates in December, all six members of my brother’s family will be Miami alums – along with our dad, my wife, and me.  And the story wouldn’t be complete without a shot of the proud grandparents who made it all possible . . .

1 comment:

  1. What a great legacy in your family, Greg! I've been to Miami Univ for sorority business (Delta Zeta) a couple of times. I have always enjoyed the beautiful campus and the wonderful people in it. Huge congratulations to Tyler...he's been (GOOD) busy! Can't wait to see you in June :)

    ReplyDelete