Thursday, May 21, 2009

Occupational Hazard . . .



This is what remains of my favorite two-wheeler (some of you may know this contraption as a hand truck). It has a nice wide base and I have used it for nearly ten years when setting up and tearing down our booth. Only the tires have been replaced over the years -- it has been a hard worker and a faithful friend.



The end came last Sunday in Ocean City, Maryland. I was taking out the first load during teardown, and when the wheels hit the liftgate both pipes just snapped. But it performed to the end -- I got the load onto the truck before I realized what had happened. Thankfully, I had a backup available, but it's not the same (sniff).

Gary is convinced that it can be welded, but I'm not so sure. I don't want it to suffer anymore.

1 comment:

  1. As always, your stream of consciousness ramblings brighten my day (loved the cookie recipe . . I am putting that on my "to do" list for the weekend with my family) but I had to explain my actions when I got to the end of 'death of a two-wheeler' and guffawed out loud in my quiet little office. Opps! ("I didn't want it to suffer anymore." . . . bahahahaahaha!)

    ReplyDelete