Sunday, June 28, 2009

Standing Room Only at the Make It/Take It . . .

I have never seen a crowd like we had at the Make It and Take It in our store last Wednesday. Leslie Rogers presented the project, and she said there were 28 people already waiting when she arrived at 8:30 -- for a project that started at 9:00!



This was the view in the classroom when I arrived about 10:30 to load the truck for our trip to Orlando. I was shocked -- by 10:30, there are usually only a handful of people left. I'm told this was at least the third wave . . .

Notice the little girl being seated at the extra card table? So did I . . .



This is Sophia Ellen (I asked -- she is very good at saying her name!), and she and her mom were first-timers at the Make & Take. I noticed the stuffed animals right away and told her that her puppies were taking the place of mine.



Soon she and Mom were hard at work!



This was the project that they were making -- Sophia Ellen's mom saw it on our website, and that's what enticed her to make the trip.

But we had a couple of people who took the project one step farther . . .



Judi and Cassandra Brooks were still going strong at 11:30, having a ball while they added extra layers and embellishments. I just had to shoot pictures of their finished projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment